[cPanel-News] cPanel/WHM 11.25 Now Available!

Eric Gregory eric at cpanel.net
Tue Sep 15 08:52:39 CDT 2009

cPanel/WHM 11.25 Now Available!

Exciting news! We just published the latest version of our Linux web
hosting software — cPanel/WHM 11.25 — to the EDGE build.*

While cPanel/WHM was already famous for its ease of use and
reliability, version 11.25 offers several improvments, including:

Usability enhancements
- Quicker access from mobile devices, due to fewer authentication
requests from the server.
- IMAP IDLE support for mobile devices, allowing near real-time mail
delivery from Dovecot mail servers.
- Streamlined cPanel interfaces, such as Email Accounts and MX Entry.
- An overhauled language system that provides greater accuracy and
language compatibility, with less memory consumption.

Security features
- Session tokens and blank referer checks, to help prevent cross-site
request forgery.
- Better cPHulk reliability, for improved protection against brute
force attacks.

Efficiency improvements
- Lower memory consumption during synchronization of DNS clusters.
- Quicker restart processes for both the Apache web server and the
BIND nameserver.
- Quicker load times for the cPanel home page.

And that's just a few of the upgrades you get with 11.25! For more
detailed information, take a look at our <link>cPanel/WHM 11.25
website</a>.

For technical details, see our <a href="http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/pub/AllDocumentation/ReleaseNotes/1125releasenotes.pdf
">version 11.25 release notes</a>.

* cPanel/WHM is published in four builds:
EDGE &mdash; The latest build, with the newest features and least
testing. We do not recommend running this build on a production web
server.
CURRENT &mdash; More mature and tested than EDGE.
RELEASE &mdash; The preferred build for a production server, as it is
generally current enough to contain the latest fixes and new features.
STABLE &mdash; For conservative web hosts who do not wish to run the
latest release.

Note:  As of 11.25 cPanel will discontinue support for the x and x2
themes.  During installation of 11.25 current users of the x and x2
themes will automatically be switched to the up to date x3 theme which
uses the x branding package.