[cPanel-News] Enkompass 1.6.0.204 Now Available

cPanel News news at cpanel.net
Wed Jan 12 13:16:34 CST 2011

Enkompass 1.6.0.204 Now Available

cPanel is pleased to announce that the latest update for Enkompass by cPanel (version 1.6) is now available.  Build 1.6.0.204, which is available for immediate installation to the RELEASE tier, offers several updates and changes that add increased stability to the control panel.

The updates for this build include:

Enkompass allows the option to not use Windows Disk Quotas.  This means our customers can use their own NAS/SAN, even if it is not Windows-based.
This release now installs PHP 5.3.4

The ApplicationHost.config is now written from cPanel libraries.  This will allow dedicated servers to load data faster.

Fix for internationalization bug in date issues and scheduling triggers.
For more information, please review the full change log:
http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/AllDocumentation/ChangeLog/EnkompassChangeLog

Update Problem with Enkompass 1.6.0.200

Summary

Enkompass 1.6 was released earlier this week as 1.6.0.200. Updating Enkompass to this version failed if the Admin password had been changed since Enkompass was originally installed.

Description

If the Admin password had been changed from the one used to originally install Enkompass, the update failed, leaving the system unusable.  This could be triggered by manual or automatic updates.

Solution

If your system was affected by this issue, please submit a support request so that our experienced technicians can quickly resolve your issue.

Our staff must examine the affected server before the server can be updated to Enkompass version 1.6.0.204. You can use the following form to submit your support request:

cPanel Customer Portal - https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/

Please be sure to reference "Enkompass 1.6.0.200 update" in your submission title, so that your request is given high priority.

Enkompass 1.6.0.200 has been removed from the update servers, and has been replaced by version 1.6.0.204. This issue will not occur with 1.6.0.204.