[cPanel Releases] Announcement: change in list content

cPanel Release Information releases at cpanel.net
Mon Oct 18 15:39:27 CDT 2010

Thank you for joining the cPanel Releases mailing list. We have some important changes to this mailing list that we need to share with you.

Today, October 18, 2010, we are changing the format and nature of this mailing list. We hope that these changes will provide you more timely and accurate information regarding cPanel product releases that are relevant to you.

In the past, we automatically published release announcements for each and every publication of the cPanel & WHM software. As I'm sure you're aware, that has resulted in multiple messages per day for releases that were often times only intended for testing and evaluation.

We are toning down the spammage and trying to focus the message of the Releases mailing list on the product releases that really matter to you. We will no longer notify you of each and every development build.

In addition to focused notification of public releases, we will also be including important release related information such as links to product white papers, documentation, and other important information.

For those who desire near-realtime notification of new builds, you can obtain that information via cPanel Dev Nix (cpdevnix) on Twitter. Also we will be publishing an Atom feed available with the same information. We will have more information on the Atom feed at a later date.

Kenneth Power
Development Project Manager
cPanel, Inc.
kenp at cpanel.net